Friday, November 18, 2011

Expanding Baseball playoffs

Yesterday MLB Commissioner Bud Selig announced the playoffs will expand starting as early as next season.  I like the idea of adding 1 more wild card team for each league.  This means 10 of the 30 teams will make the post-season.  Not sure if I totally agree with the idea of just a 1 game playoff between the 2 wild card teams.  1 and done after a 162 game season is a little harsh.  I believe the best way to do this would be a best of 3.   This would give us a 3 game Wild Card...best of 5 Divisional...best of 7 for the League Championships and the World Series.  I think this is the fairest way to pick the baseball champions.

I would also hope, down the road, MLB will decide to cut the regular season by a dozen games to 150 and end the regular season in Mid September.  This would mean that the World Series would be over by Mid October.  Hopefully Bud Selig and Company will read my blog and embrace my suggestions.

Picks


#21 Penn State over Ohio State  (Sat 2p on WSBA)
#17 Nebraska tops #20 Michigan
Ravens over Bengals  (12:30 on WSBA)
Giants over Eagles  (Sun 7:30 on 96.1 WSOX)
Cowboys over the Redskins
Patriots over Chiefs (Mon Night Football)

Last Week 3-3  Overall 37-24

No comments: