Friday, February 5, 2010

SB 44 Picks

Feet to the fire time! I need to make my pick for the Super Bowl Sunday in Miami. Since 5 minutes after the Saints beat the Vikings in the NFC Championship game I have thought the Colts would win. The Saints have been a nice story all season long and have looked great in the playoffs but I just don't think their defense will have the answer for one of the most skilled quarterbacks in the history of the NFL. I know the Saints defense stopped the Cowboys Tony Romo and future Hall of Famer Brett Favre in the playoffs. However both those guys are gunslinger type QB's. Manning is the Socrates of the Gridiron. He has the ability to take apart any defense. During the past season he was able to shred some of the best defenses in the NFL beating the Ravens--twice, Jets, and the Dolphins. Manning is better than any QB the Saints have seen. End of discussion. Do I think the game will be high scoring...yes...but in the end the Colts will lift the Lombardi.

No comments: