Tuesday, March 10, 2009

March Madness!

Help me fill out my brackets. For the first time in a few years picking winners in the NCAA tourney could be really difficult. The top of the polls this year has been incredibly volatile! U-Conn, Pitt, Carolina have all been on top of the polls but have looked vulnerable. It is hard for me to get excited about #3 Memphis despite a 22 game win streak. The Tigers play in a weak conference and haven't won any big games. The only big win this season was over Gonzaga in Spokane about a month ago but they have losses to Xavier, Georgetown and Syracuse at home! Louisville is a good team but they lost to Minnesota, UNLV, Western Kentucky and Notre Dame by 33...ouch. Not exactly a national champions resume.

I wouldn't be surprise if we see a ton of upsets in the 1st 2 rounds of the tournament. The difference between some 6 seeds and 11 seeds is slight. Maybe no Cinderella, like George Mason a few years back, will make the Final 4 but picking some of the early round games will be a real crap shoot!

Next week I will post a few of my upset specials in the opening round of the tournament.

No comments: